Thursday, July 3, 2008

Home is where the heart is!

Home Home I am coming...!

Its yet another beautiful Friday.... Fridays are always beautiful... ask an IT professional and he will vouch for it...and the fact that I am not at my workstation makes it more beautiful...

Its 6:10 in the evening...and here I am peeping through the window of my seat...The wheels move fast to faster...acceleration kisses its zenith...the engine moves vehemently....and I feel nostalgic as the train moves closer and closer towards my destination...my home!!!

Always wondered what power does the place “Homehave?

Big enough you may grow up....you might have all the luxuries of life...you might be living in the most exquisite place on this earth...but no other place can replace the tangibility you have when you are back at your home town...your home where you have spend your entire childhood...

I have spent major part of my life...rather I should say my teens (for life has just begun for me) away from home...Be it junior college...my graduation...and even now I have been a hosteller...away from home...and perhaps this has made my attachment towards home rather less...this doesnt mean I dont love my family...but the fact that I dont need to talk home daily...for I have literally seen people talking home daily...and I have seen people falling homesick...and missing home miserably...

But yes....going back to my home always makes me feel happy...it excites me...exhilarates me... enriches me....Staying a week at home fills me with new vim and enthusiasm...it makes me feel green and newly born...it’s like a stimulating dope after months of hard work...

Now as I fall short of word to express my feeling which is perhaps boundless....

I look outside the window...and I am lost...lost in the ecstasy of nature...the beautiful weather and needless to say my thoughts intoxicates me....so now I put my pen to rest...as I enjoy my trance...

All I want to say is I am happy...enjoying this reflex...for Home I am coming!!!

21 comments:

Unknown said...

This guy ....Varu told me that its his first blog but looking at the excellent expression through his words and the esoteric language he uses ..it seems that he is quite used to it..... :)

Keep it up.

Marie said...

Really its so exciting to go home every time.
very well written.

varu... said...

Thanks for the wonderful comment...and Anup what r u waiting for...start a blog and i am sure u gonna rock...

varu... said...

Thank you jincy:-)

noone said...

Not only on blogs, you can try your hand on novels too.you truly have a good writing skill and expressing your thoughts in words. I am pretty sure you will succeed in impressing a lot of people.

U Rock.....

Obscure Optimist said...

i still remember the ecstay and intoxication u talked about!!! But the usage is fantastic.... You know how to play with words.... good job done again!! :D

Unknown said...

its really amazing yar...
mera roomate bhi itna acha likh sakta hai, muze to pata hi nai tha...
chal ab mera blog bhi tu hi likhega...
ha ha ha
but really a nice one.
keep it up

Unknown said...

Great start buddy!!!!
Already on lines with professional bloggers....

Hey, but its not too long before I catch you with my blogs too....

But, Congrats.... Looking forward to a new post from you...

Unknown said...

Nice vocab bro........ keep up da gud work....... :-)

life~passion~dreams said...

hey u have turned out 2 a great artist- man........wonderful yaar.
I'm lucky enough 2 have such an expressive friend like u!!!!!

life~passion~dreams said...

its soooooo touchy yaar.....
great work piece!!!!

Tresa said...

Hey Varu.. you've actually written what every one of us goes through here ..
Your first blog..? must say..impressive.. :)

sahadevan said...

u are bang on varu, when u say how an IT guy feels about weekends speacially if going home....

good start buddy.....

Denila said...

makes me feel so nostalgic!! i feel like going home too:( and where did u learn to write so well!!!?

varu... said...

Thank u all for ur wonderful comments...it really feels great to read all the praises u ppl showered upon me..:-))

Scorpion said...

After reading your blog I have pull my socks and all set to go home sweet home....

Unknown said...

Nice one.At one min i thought if i were leaving for home and on the way penning down my emotions.Also its good to know that in this materialistic world their are people thinking about their family and are attached emotionally.

Madhuri said...

hei varu....ur an awesome writer yaar...i bet u'll beat chetan bhagat one day....keep it up man

varu... said...

Thank u all:)

@madhuri: that was too sweet of u..too big a comment but thanks anyways...u ppl keep inspiring...

Krishna said...

when i left my home i dint cried even though i was about to ,, i cronrolled some how seeing my dad n family members crying ....n man,, trust me this blog remind me all such incidences , espcially when after sooo mamny days when i reached back home ,, i just cant stop my self,, i cried like helll seeing my family n frnds

varu... said...

@ Pooja: I understand what you're saying, good to know you cud releate to this post..Thanks