Thursday, July 3, 2008

By The Street Side....

Walking down the street
I saw the street, it was busy...
People moving and I could see the worries and tension they were carrying... and I paused to think what I was doing
Perhaps flowing like the river
I was one among them and then my eyes wandered around to look for a happy man….and I saw a few children playing hide and seek,

I could see they were enjoying...

Unaware of the trials and the difficulties the future had hidden for them
I stood there for a while
Smiling, quenching my quest seeing them enjoy….
Forgetting my worries and responsibilities for a while…
Then I moved ahead with the soul by my side –talking and arguing with me..
I moved and found few old people selling vegetables by the street side...
“Were they happy?”, I pondered, but they were making their living.
Moving ahead I saw few moving in their AC cars – and I questioned again...
“Were they happy?” with all the luxuries....

and I paused to think again….

What was I looking for?
Quick came the answer from my soul. You are looking for a meaning....
A meaning that your life could define...and I thought was I living just to die one day?
Would I achieve my dreams?
Dreams that remain plenty and still undefined….
The path seems empty and unexplored...
I continued walking along the street side with the soul by my side.
Arguing and fighting ….
Still with an unanswered question…
“Will I die before I leave my footprints strong enough to leave its mark?
Will I die before giving a meaning to my life………..

8 comments:

Marie said...

The quest for life eh..
The philosopher just doesn't stop asking questions na...

and what is this Varu, at least be at peace with your soul if not with me! ;)

varu... said...

yes the events that life brings with it is so enigmatic that i cudn't stop penning something on it...

i am a peace lover dear...peace be with you(and wen i am around...he he he)

Obscure Optimist said...

it is great to see both of u argue here on blog as well.... Let's become blog buddies...and trust me it'll be so much fun!!!

And for comment on this post..please visit my blog site http://expressmyway.blogspot.com!!!

this is one of the best reads so far! cheers!

life~passion~dreams said...

hey u hv turned out 2 be a great artist man.........its excellent u r getting 11/10.........
i'm lucky enough 2 hv a frd lke u!!!!
Keep Going n writing......

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

GR8!!!i think dis u hav alrady told me on phone...At dat tme only i said its really vry nic...Gud yaar u r Gr8 writer as i alwayz say....i liked dis one very much...
gud
Keep it up!!

sahadevan said...

well written dude,
best of the lot.....

Unknown said...

Hey!!! varu i thnk u hav just asked a question which most of us are afraid of asking ourselves because we are living for just sake of living...
well done bro...:-)